Friday, April 4, 2008

Just feels like home...


When I was 12 years old, my parents moved to Arizona. We lived literally 15 minutes from the base of the beautiful Superstition Mountain. I quickly grew to love that mountain. Still, to this day, I always take the time to look at its magnificence. I take the time to be grateful to live so close to something so amazing. A symbol of timeless beauty, nature, peace and to me...it just feels like home.

In yoga practice, we stand in Tadasana or Mountain Pose to bring ourselves back to center. Many yoga poses or asanas were named by the ancient rishis for the beauty they saw in nature. Reminding us to be grateful for the earth and its natural beauty.

As an adult, I quickly grew to love the practice of Yoga. I take the time each day to be grateful that I have found this ancient practice (actually, I believe yoga found me). Much like the Superstition Mountain, yoga is also a symbol of timeless beauty, nature, peace, and to me...it just feels like home. Namaste-Andrea

2 comments:

thekettrickfive said...

Andrea - SO wish I was still there to do yoga with you! I haven't been to a class since our move and am really missing it. Once August rolls around and I am able to get back to myself again (and not be pregnant!!) I'll start it up full force. I miss you all at Seville! It actually SNOWED yesterday (and a bunch last week as well). We're ready for spring here!! Hope all is well! Kelly

Amanda said...

I feel the exact same way about the mountain. I never get tired of looking at it - it never looks the same two days in a row. It has been the backdrop to so much in my life, I can't imagine not waking up to it everyday. It is definitly "home" to me, as well.