Sunday, December 6, 2009

The End of Water Module...

Today, December 6 th, 2009 and was the last day of the Water Module (one four month module out of four total) in my Advanced Teacher Training studies at Inner Vision Yoga.
This weekends focus was Inversions. The benefits of inversions, the practice of inversions, the teaching of inversions. The knowledge of what glands we are stimulating by practicing inversions (going upside down). Most importantly, that inversions (such as headstand, handstand, plow and shoulderstand) are meant to bring a sense of calm, rather than a sense of panic and fear.

The most important part of this last weekend of training in water module - and of today, this last day of this module, is that we graduate and send three more beautiful master yoga teachers from the program and send them out into the world~to make the world a better place with their teachings. Congratualtions to Kathy, Terese and Colleen!!

I find myself being grateful that I am only in my first module and that I am not finished with this journey of learning just yet. I have taken so much from my first module and am already applying it in my teaching and my everyday life off the mat.

Beautiful call & response from Jeff Martens:
Om so hum
So hum sa-ha

Om so hum
So hum sa-ha

I am that... I am
I am...that I am
I am that...I am
I am that I ....am.


Namaste. Peace, love & light~Andrea

No comments: