Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Air Module Begins...

This weekend began my last module (4 months each) of my 16 month Master Teacher Training program at Inner Vision Studios. Yikes! I am so not ready for my program to come to an end. But, I must listen to my own words as a teacher and "Be present" and enjoy every moment.
This weekend we focused mostly on Chapter 4 of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras-Kaivalym. I learned that Kaivalym means freedom. It also means isolation. It can be thought of as the freedom that comes to the mind through meditation. Kaivalym can also mean "alone" or to be alone in ones mind and to be able to feel contentment in that~brings us ultimate freedom.
An important Yoga Sutra that we learned this weekend that resonanted with me was
YS 4.19~ "A thought cannot illuminate itself." It order for it to become a thought it needs us to bring awareness to it. Think of it this way, the Moon cannot illuminate itself, it needs the sun.
Namaste for now~
Andrea


No comments: